Settings -> Global Key Combinations -> New
Enter the key combination and the assigned action in the following dialog:
Click on the entry field and press the desired key combination.
Nearly all key combinations can be used. Special keys such as "Browser", "Email", et cetera can also be (re)assigned, e.g. Ctrl + Browser or Win + Email. System hotkeys such as Win + D or, in Windows 8, Win + V can be used and thus reassigned.
Clipboard Master offers so-called expanded hotkeys: It can tell whether the left or right Shift, Ctrl, Alt or Windows button is pressed. Possible expanded hotkeys are e.g.
- left Ctrl + A
- right Ctrl + A
- left Ctrl + right Ctrl + A
- Ctrl, A (press and release Ctrl, then press A)
- A + B (press A then press B, then release both)
- Ctrl + A (300 msec): press Ctrl + A for at least 300 milliseconds
- Assigned Action
Select an action from the list that should executed when pressing the key combination; see below for a more detailed description.
- » Show Clipboards
- » Show Quick Menu
- Complete Word/Sentence
- Begin Collection
- Show Explorer Directories
- Paste Marked Text To...
- Add Text
- Simulate Keystrokes
- Paste: Collection, Text Template, Xth Element
- Paste: Last File, Last Folder, Last URL, Last Shortened URL, Last Image
- Paste: Last File(s)/Folder Zipped Or Unzipped
- Convert Number to ASCII Character (e.g. 65 -> A)
- Convert Number To/From Hexadecimal Number (e.g. 64 -> 0x40)
- Convert/Modify Marked Text
- Comment Out Marked Source Code
- Execute Command/Start Program
- Execute Windows Function
- Screenshot (Save screen as image)
- Copy Text From Control/Element
- Show Menu
- Deactivate All Rules
- Turn On/Turn Off AutoCopy
- Turn On/Turn Off CopyTo
- Program-Specific Settings
Click on this list to specify the programs in which the key combinations should function or not function.
The options are dependent upon the select action. Please on the corresponding action above to see the accompanying options.