Global Key Combinations"Define Global Key Combination" DialogAction "Show Clipboard"
Settings -> Global Key Combinations -> New
Enter the key combination and the assigned action in the following dialog:
Click on the entry field and press the desired key combination.
Nearly all key combinations can be used. Special keys such as "Browser", "Email", et cetera can also be (re)assigned, e.g. Ctrl + Browser or Win + Email. System hotkeys such as Win + D or, in Windows 8, Win + V can be used and thus reassigned.
Clipboard Master offers so-called expanded hotkeys: It can tell whether the left or right Shift, Ctrl, Alt or Windows button is pressed. Possible expanded hotkeys are e.g.
- left Ctrl + A
- right Ctrl + A
- left Ctrl + right Ctrl + A
- Ctrl, A (press and release Ctrl, then press A)
- A + B (press A then press B, then release both)
- Ctrl + A (300 msec): press Ctrl + A for at least 300 milliseconds
To enter an extended hotkey, press left shift and right shift together or click at ▼.
Select an action from the list that should executed when pressing the key combination; see below for a more detailed description.
- Copy (Ctrl+C)
- Start Collection
- Add selected text to...
- Copy Text From Control/Element
- Paste (Ctrl-V)
- Swap selection with clipboard
- Paste text
- Simulate Keystrokes
- Paste: Collection, Text Template, Xth Element
- Paste: Last File, Folder, URL, Last Shortened URL, Image
- Paste next/previous item
- Paste last type word
- Paste: Last File(s)/Folder Zipped Or Unzipped
- Modify Text Or Number
- Convert/Modify Selected Text
- Convert/Modify Selected Number
- Convert/Modify text in clipboard
- Comment Selected Source Code
- Show global context menu
- Zip or Unzip file File(s)
- Screenshot Tool (Save screen as image)
- Execute Command/Start Program
- Run command / action in / at /when
- Windows Functions
- Execute Windows Function
- Current window (move, close, min, max, top ...)
- Show (Windows) context menu
- Show Menu
- Activate/Deactivate Clipboard Master setting
- Edit settings for last pressed hot or flexi key
Click on this list to specify the programs in which the key combinations should function or not function.
The options are dependent upon the select action. Please on the corresponding action above to see the accompanying options.